Maffra Secondary College offers our students the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
The Award is a leading structured (non-formal education) youth development program, empowering all young Australians between age 14 to 25 to explore their full potential regardless of their location or circumstance. The Award is a fully inclusive program and has no social, political, or religious affiliations.
Each young person who takes part in the Award learns a skill, improves their physical wellbeing, volunteers in their community and goes on an adventure. All Participants are supported by a network of adult Award Leaders, Assessors, Supervisors, and mentors.
Through this challenging journey of self-discovery participants:
- Are equipped and empowered to achieve their personal best;
- Learn to take responsibility for their goals and choices;
- Become connected to and actively engaged within their immediate community;
- Make a real difference to society through their positive contributions and involvement;
- Learn to persevere and overcome barriers to success;
- Learn important life skills; and
- Increase their career opportunities.
For more information about the Duke of Edinburgh Award at Maffra Secondary College, please contact the general office on (03) 5147 1790 and speak to the Award Coordinator.